POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to be lazy in Windows Server Time
10 May 2024 12:58:45 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to be lazy in Windows (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Josh English
Subject: Trying to be lazy in Windows
Date: 15 Jul 2023 13:43:56
Message: <64b2dadc$1@news.povray.org>
I am getting really tired of re-learning how to use ffmpeg every time I
want to make an animation.

Since I'm using Windows, I can't use a Post_Scene_Command, so I thought
I could use Python.

I wrote a simple script that uses Python's subprocess.run() function to
render the animation, then I want to use it again to run ffmpeg and
finally a third time for ffplay.

Unfortunately POV-Ray pops up, renders, and doesn't quit. I can't seem
to find a command line option to close POV-Ray once the rendering is
finished. Only after I close POV-Ray does the script continue.

Is this possible on Windows or am I wasting my time?

Post a reply to this message