POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree wanted Server Time
15 Jul 2024 02:04:54 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Tree wanted (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: yesbird
Subject: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 21 Feb 2023 08:07:42
Message: <63f4c21e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Trying to find an optimal solution for growing plants in POV I found this
paper: http://povray.tashcorp.net/tutorials/qd_povtree/
but can't find the original software - POV-Tree.

One of the links leads me to ftp.povray.org, but I can not access it as 
'anonymous'.

Maybe anyone has this program in their home collection ?
Please share it with me.
--
YB


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 21 Feb 2023 11:01:35
Message: <63f4eadf$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21-2-2023 om 14:07 schreef yesbird:
> Hi,
> 
> Trying to find an optimal solution for growing plants in POV I found this
> paper: http://povray.tashcorp.net/tutorials/qd_povtree/
> but can't find the original software - POV-Tree.
> 
> One of the links leads me to ftp.povray.org, but I can not access it as 
> 'anonymous'.
> 
> Maybe anyone has this program in their home collection ?
> Please share it with me.
> -- 
> YB

I think I have it. Shall look first thing tomorrow morning when I access 
my other machine.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 21 Feb 2023 11:40:00
Message: <web.63f4f2b34adb9a1717bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to find an optimal solution for growing plants in POV I found this
> paper: http://povray.tashcorp.net/tutorials/qd_povtree/
> but can't find the original software - POV-Tree.
>
> One of the links leads me to ftp.povray.org, but I can not access it as
> 'anonymous'.
>
> Maybe anyone has this program in their home collection ?
> Please share it with me.
> --
> YB

https://web.archive.org/web/20080504053506/http://www.propro.ru/go/Wshop/povtree/download.html


Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Subject: Re: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 21 Feb 2023 13:07:26
Message: <685990ba-1117-58b2-cf78-2117db5943d7@gmail.com>
On 21/02/2023 19:34, ingo wrote:
>
https://web.archive.org/web/20080504053506/http://www.propro.ru/go/Wshop/povtree/download.html
Hi, ingo !
Many thanks, took it, works fine.
--
YB


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 22 Feb 2023 02:25:20
Message: <63f5c360$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21/02/2023 om 19:07 schreef yesbird:
> On 21/02/2023 19:34, ingo wrote:
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20080504053506/http://www.propro.ru/go/Wshop/povtree/download.html
> Hi, ingo !
> Many thanks, took it, works fine.
> -- 
> 
Ah! Too Late! ;-)

Be aware though that not everything works as it should. There are a 
couple of bugs especially where blossoms and leaf maps are concerned. 
Otherwise, it is a fine package.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Subject: Re: POV-Tree wanted
Date: 22 Feb 2023 07:22:47
Message: <7b5ae7d2-d65a-8c6e-1b9c-9850976190f6@gmail.com>
On 22/02/2023 10:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Ah! Too Late! ;-)
> 
> Be aware though that not everything works as it should. There are a 
> couple of bugs especially where blossoms and leaf maps are concerned. 
> Otherwise, it is a fine package.
Thanks in any case, I see, you are right, and found another one
'gardener', even better:
https://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/PlantStudio/
--
YB


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.