POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New types of lighting ? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:10:57 EDT (-0400)
  New types of lighting ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: New types of lighting ?
Date: 30 Jan 2023 11:41:47
Message: <63d7f34b@news.povray.org>
Hello,

While searching in my "include" folder, I found by hazard a file named
"IdealAreaLight.inc".

There are macros to define new lightings. Nothing specified in this file
except a date 2014.02.16, no more explanation, no author.
Nothing found on the web...

It looks interesting. Anyone know and have a little more info ?

I started to make some images with these new lights. For the moment,
it's really "on the fly".

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lights.jpg' (620 KB)

Preview of image 'lights.jpg'
lights.jpg

kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While searching in my "include" folder, I found by hazard a file named
> "IdealAreaLight.inc".
>
> There are macros to define new lightings. Nothing specified in this file
> except a date 2014.02.16, no more explanation, no author.
> Nothing found on the web...
>
> It looks interesting. Anyone know and have a little more info ?

Sounds interesting.  Maybe TdG has copy archived away somewhere.  Care to post
it so we can see what it's doing?

> I started to make some images with these new lights. For the moment,
> it's really "on the fly".

Those are all really nice - everything about them in fact.   The texture, the
plane geometry, the font...  :)

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Op 30/01/2023 om 19:20 schreef Bald Eagle:
> kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> While searching in my "include" folder, I found by hazard a file named
>> "IdealAreaLight.inc".
>>
>> There are macros to define new lightings. Nothing specified in this file
>> except a date 2014.02.16, no more explanation, no author.
>> Nothing found on the web...
>>
>> It looks interesting. Anyone know and have a little more info ?
>
> Sounds interesting.  Maybe TdG has copy archived away somewhere.  Care to post
> it so we can see what it's doing?

I did indeed. ;-)

It is by And, and I have a .pov scene dated 16 February 2014.

I guess it is alright if I add the complete zipped folder here.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ideal arealight.zip' (1191 KB)