POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ERROR: POV-Ray Cannot Find Files Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  ERROR: POV-Ray Cannot Find Files (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: ERROR: POV-Ray Cannot Find Files
Date: 2 Apr 2020 15:27:32
Message: <5e863ca4$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a problem: I changed my harddrives and order of drive letters.
POV-Ray still starts, but it cannot find any INI files etc, as they are
not on C but on drive F.

I also cannot find any longer the POV-Ray master Ini file. In the past,
there was a button to load that INI file.

And I also searched the Windows registry for a place where I could
correct the path, but the only path I found was only for scene files
which I set to drive F.

How to make POV-Ray, when starting, searching for the files on drive F
instead of drive C?

http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

Sven Littkowski <wrt### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem: I changed my harddrives and order of drive letters.
> POV-Ray still starts, but it cannot find any INI files etc, as they are
> not on C but on drive F.
>
> I also cannot find any longer the POV-Ray master Ini file. In the past,
> there was a button to load that INI file.
>
> And I also searched the Windows registry for a place where I could
> correct the path, but the only path I found was only for scene files
> which I set to drive F.
>
> How to make POV-Ray, when starting, searching for the files on drive F
> instead of drive C?
>
> --
> http://www.avg.com

I know this is probably very late.
I just changed the directory names of my POV files. I have several version
loaded.
And I searched the registry and found all of them. Did you do a full search?
If worse come to worse you can always install it again. I've done that once or
twice.
Have Fun!