POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel area lights? Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:55:13 EDT (-0400)
  Parallel area lights? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Parallel area lights?
Date: 4 Mar 2020 15:08:59
Message: <5e600adb@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to create area lights that use the parallel keyword? I.e.
parallel lights with fuzzy shadows?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: Parallel area lights?
Date: 4 Mar 2020 16:16:39
Message: <5e601ab7@news.povray.org>
Le 2020-03-04 à 15:08, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Is it possible to create area lights that use the parallel keyword? I.e.
> parallel lights with fuzzy shadows?
>

> Mike

Absolutely. I, and others, often do and it work correctly.

Keep in mind that the area_light is evaluated from the actual position
of the light, not «infinity», and set it up accordingly.