POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth triangles tutorials/tools? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth triangles tutorials/tools? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Smooth triangles tutorials/tools?
Date: 1 Feb 2020 12:54:37
Message: <5e35bb5d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

To get rid of pixel artifacts when rendering Earth surface reliefs
(mesh2 objects, not heightfields!) from topographic data, I tried smooth
triangles... but as Melody's normal vector generator run abysmally slow
(200 days for just one 3601 by 3601 data points tile!), I'm looking for
a good introduction into smooth triangle normal calculation (the
official 3.7 tutorials says nothing about it) - or at least a tool which
does the math for me!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message