POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stepped function offset (attempt #2) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:04:16 EDT (-0400)
  Stepped function offset (attempt #2) (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Stepped function offset (attempt #2)
Date: 20 Jan 2020 01:37:24
Message: <5e254aa4$1@news.povray.org>
Please see the "Stepped function offset (attempt #2)" thread in p.t.s-f.

Thanks!

Michael

Post a reply to this message

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Stepped function offset (attempt #2)
Date: 21 Jan 2020 00:45:01
Message: <web.5e268eadda4801839da690110@news.povray.org>
http://news.povray.org/*/attachment/%3Cweb.5e11aa71340f43599da690110%40news.povray.org%3E/hsvhslshift.jpg

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 21 Jan 2020 16:41:23
Message: <5e277003$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/21/2020 12:39 AM, Melody wrote:

http://news.povray.org/*/attachment/%3Cweb.5e11aa71340f43599da690110%40news.povray.org%3E/hsvhslshift.jpg

I don't know what that is for. Can you link to the message/thread too?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Melody
Date: 21 Jan 2020 18:00:01
Message: <web.5e278158da4801839da690110@news.povray.org>
> On 1/21/2020 12:39 AM, Melody wrote:

http://news.povray.org/*/attachment/%3Cweb.5e11aa71340f43599da690110%40news.povray.org%3E/hsvhslshift.jpg

> I don't know what that is for. Can you link to the message/thread too?

That url minus the image *IS the thread.
http://news.povray.org/*/attachment/%3Cweb.5e11aa71340f43599da690110%40news.povray.org%3E/

It's a hue palette, click a color, and buffer text to paste into POV project.

I assume you want hue colors. What is your end goal here?.

Your interest suggests I am on the right track.

colors.inc has the hsv/hsl functions.
Did you want usage example?

Post a reply to this message

> I assume you want hue colors. What is your end goal here?.
>
> Your interest suggests I am on the right track.
>
> colors.inc has the hsv/hsl functions.
> Did you want usage example?

Nope - he wants to model the color space just like as shown.  He does a fair
amount of Wikipedia work - just look at Wikipedia or search the forum.

Post a reply to this message