POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick wall with thick glossy paint Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Brick wall with thick glossy paint (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Brick wall with thick glossy paint
Date: 27 May 2019 06:47:33
Message: <5cebc045$1@news.povray.org>
I want to replace this image on Wikipedia:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RGB_illumination.jpg

I have already created the lights. The problem I have is the brick wall.
How do I make a smooth glossy painted brick wall in POVray? All the
brick wall macros I've looked at have sharp edges.

I am open to using a texture instead of an isosurface. In fact, I like
this one very much:

https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures/architecture/bricks/white-bricks/white-bricks-texture-seamless-00526

Unfortunately, that's not a FOSS image. Does anyone have any suggestions
on where else to look?

Thanks.

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> I want to replace this image on Wikipedia:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RGB_illumination.jpg
>
> I have already created the lights. The problem I have is the brick wall.
> How do I make a smooth glossy painted brick wall in POVray? All the
> brick wall macros I've looked at have sharp edges.

I suppose you could use an image map as a blurred / smoothed heightfield or
normal map.

Or blob together isosurfaces of a collection of bricks and a plane.

Maybe difference spheres sweeps of varying radius away from a perturbed plane to
create the rounded mortar areas.

Post a reply to this message