POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Old versions of POV-Ray? Server Time: 19 May 2019 11:02:05 GMT
  Old versions of POV-Ray? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Old versions of POV-Ray?
Date: 29 Apr 2019 10:32:07
Message: <5cc6d2a7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

With my ongoing "POV-Ray archaeology" I sometimes find scenes from the 
20th century ;-) that cannot be correctly rendered with current 
POV-Ray... so I would like to know how to obtain ancient versions like 
3.5, 3.1, 3.0 or even 2.2 (preferably for Windows/DOS to run on my XP 
laptop, as installing them unter Linux probably would be too complicated!

Any suggestions?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Old versions of POV-Ray?
Date: 29 Apr 2019 10:45:00
Message: <web.5cc6d493cc3010374eec112d0@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
.... so I would like to know how to obtain ancient versions like

Scroll down to the bottom of the page:

http://www.povray.org/download/


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: Old versions of POV-Ray?
Date: 30 Apr 2019 07:57:52
Message: <5cc80000$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/29/19 6:33 AM, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
> 
> With my ongoing "POV-Ray archaeology" I sometimes find scenes from the 
> 20th century ;-) that cannot be correctly rendered with current 
> POV-Ray... so I would like to know how to obtain ancient versions like 
> 3.5, 3.1, 3.0 or even 2.2 (preferably for Windows/DOS to run on my XP 
> laptop, as installing them unter Linux probably would be too complicated!
> 
> Any suggestions?

maybe i'm misunderstanding...have you tired #version 3.x at the top of 
the scene file?


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: Old versions of POV-Ray?
Date: 30 Apr 2019 16:41:09
Message: <5cc87aa5@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 29.04.19 12:40, Bald Eagle wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> .... so I would like to know how to obtain ancient versions like
> 
> Scroll down to the bottom of the page:
> 
> http://www.povray.org/download/

Yes, I got them... they all run well under XP, even 2.2 for DOS! 
Memories of 1995... but also a new experience, as back then I used 
POV-Ray only via Moray, I did not expect that 2.2 does not yet know of 
promoting uniform vectors (such als color rgb <1, 1, 1>) to a single 
float value!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Zeitenwind (Eroc)


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.