POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Saturn ring Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:58:04 EDT (-0400)
  Saturn ring (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Saturn ring
Date: 19 Sep 2018 04:25:56
Message: <5ba20814$1@news.povray.org>
There is a texture here for Saturn's ring:

https://www.solarsystemscope.com/textures/

How do I apply this texture to a POV-Ray disc? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Saturn ring
Date: 19 Sep 2018 04:55:08
Message: <5ba20eec$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19/09/2018 à 10:26, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> There is a texture here for Saturn's ring:
>
> https://www.solarsystemscope.com/textures/
>
> How do I apply this texture to a POV-Ray disc? Thanks.
>

> Mike

On my light side, I have uv-mapping of disc in hgpovray38, so that
should be trivial. (probably only a problem of orienting the texture
correctly in regard to UV axes)

On the official side, it might be a situation for the warp cylindrical.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Warp

The dist_exp should probably be 0, as distance from the axis should be
ignored.

Post a reply to this message