POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star field? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Star field? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Star field?
Date: 8 Aug 2018 21:49:05
Message: <5b6b9d91$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone recommend a nice star field? The texture that comes with
POV-Ray is not very good.

This one is okay:

http://www.hoboes.com/NetLife/POV_Simple/5/2/

Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Star field?
Date: 8 Aug 2018 21:50:56
Message: <5b6b9e00$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2018 9:49 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a nice star field? The texture that comes with
> POV-Ray is not very good.
>
> This one is okay:
>
> http://www.hoboes.com/NetLife/POV_Simple/5/2/
>
> Thanks.
>

> Mike

I also tried some public domain bitmaps, but my scene is under high
magnification, which causes the background to appear extremely pixelated.

Mike

Post a reply to this message