POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hide sky_sphere in render? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:53:37 EDT (-0400)
  Hide sky_sphere in render? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Hide sky_sphere in render?
Date: 7 Aug 2018 16:23:58
Message: <5b69ffde$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to make a sky_sphere show up in reflections but not in
the image? I want to create a render with alpha channel, but am not sure
how to hide the sky_sphere but still have it show up in reflections. Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to make a sky_sphere show up in reflections but not in
> the image? I want to create a render with alpha channel, but am not sure
> how to hide the sky_sphere but still have it show up in reflections. Thanks.
>

> Mike

I'm assuming you've tried the standard no_image tag and it doesn't work with
sky_sphere?

Post a reply to this message

> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Is there a way to make a sky_sphere show up in reflections but not in
>> the image? I want to create a render with alpha channel, but am not sure
>> how to hide the sky_sphere but still have it show up in reflections. Thanks.
>>

>> Mike
>
> I'm assuming you've tried the standard no_image tag and it doesn't work with
> sky_sphere?

Correct.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Le 07/08/2018 à 22:55, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 8/7/2018 4:28 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to make a sky_sphere show up in reflections but not in
>>> the image? I want to create a render with alpha channel, but am not sure
>>> how to hide the sky_sphere but still have it show up in reflections.
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> Mike
>>
>> I'm assuming you've tried the standard no_image tag and it doesn't
>> work with
>> sky_sphere?
>>

> Correct.
>
> Mike

What about the ancestor of the sky_sphere: a real sphere (0,1) scaled
large enough.

With no_image, later.

Post a reply to this message

> What about the ancestor of the sky_sphere: a real sphere (0,1) scaled
> large enough.
>
> With no_image, later.

What about lighting? Should I set the emission to 1?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> What about the ancestor of the sky_sphere: a real sphere (0,1) scaled
> large enough.
>
> With no_image, later.

Okay, here is my new sphere:

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sphere
{
	0, 1
	pigment
	{
		gradient y
		color_map
		{
			[0/4 color srgb (<0.6,0.7,1.0>+1)/2]
			[3/4 color srgb (<0.0,0.1,0.8>+1)/2]
		}
	}
	finish
	{
		diffuse		0
		ambient		0
		emission	1
		reflection	0
	}
	scale 2048*16
	no_image
}
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works fine normally, *but* when I add focal blur, I can still see
stuff in the background. E.g.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
camera
{
	orthographic
	location		-z * 4
	direction		+z * 4
	up				+y * 2
	right			+x * 2 * image_width/image_height
	focal_point		<0,0,0>
	aperture		1/16
	blur_samples	512
	confidence		15/16