POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : qtpovray-3.80.1 for Linux Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:45:56 EDT (-0400)
  qtpovray-3.80.1 for Linux (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: dick balaska
Subject: qtpovray-3.80.1 for Linux
Date: 18 Jul 2018 12:05:02
Message: <5b4f652e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I have released qtpovray-3.80.1 for Linux.
https://github.com/dickbalaska/qtpovray/releases/tag/v3.80.1

I have debian 9 (stretch) x64 packages on my site and
Ubuntu 16 (xenial) and 18 (bionic) x86 and x64 packages on launchpad.

It is also rumored to build and run on Slackware 14.1

The application is divided into 3 packages.
1) qtpovray - the main executable (1.3M)
2) qtpovray-includes - POV-Ray include files (284K)
3) qtpovray-extras - Help files, insert menus, sample scenes (31M)

The launchpad site is forqued.
https://launchpad.net/~qtpovray
Ubuntu 16 is in the qtpovray ppa
and ubuntu 18 is in the ppa2 ppa.
(It generates a key, loses the key, and for bionic, insists on using
that key to diff the previous version and dies when it can't find it. To
release the next version, I have to create another ppa. Super lame.  For
xenial, you just have to see a "missing key" warning, slightly lame. A
known issue for three weeks now.)

I still struggle to get the Windows edition building. My multiplatform,
platform independent Makefile isn't.  (If a super-project has two
library subprojects, the second library skips the compile phase and goes
to the build-the-lib-from-non-existent-objects phase.  libpovray builds,
libvfe doesn't.)

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)