POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light from a mirror Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Light from a mirror (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Roland Mösl
Subject: Light from a mirror
Date: 2 May 2018 09:40:26
Message: <5ae9bfca$1@news.povray.org>
In a construction project of mine a glare report is necessary, whether
the photovoltaic on the roof can reflect light in an adjacent nature
reserve.

This is what I want to do with POVRAY myself.

Enter the photovoltaic as a mirror, simulate the sun's run, and then see
if any of the pictures shows reflected light from the mirror to the
surrounding ground.

Is there any setting in POVRAY where it is calculated whether a point is
not only illuminated directly by one of the defined light sources, but
also checkes whether a ray of light hits the point via surfaces defined
as mirrors?

--
Roland Mösl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth

Post a reply to this message

I think the Photons option of POVRay does what you want.

David Buck

On 2018-05-02 9:40 AM, Roland Mösl wrote:
> In a construction project of mine a glare report is necessary, whether
> the photovoltaic on the roof can reflect light in an adjacent nature
> reserve.
>
> This is what I want to do with POVRAY myself.
>
> Enter the photovoltaic as a mirror, simulate the sun's run, and then see
> if any of the pictures shows reflected light from the mirror to the
> surrounding ground.
>
> Is there any setting in POVRAY where it is calculated whether a point is
> not only illuminated directly by one of the defined light sources, but
> also checkes whether a ray of light hits the point via surfaces defined
> as mirrors?

Post a reply to this message