POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Line-by-Line Parsing (Error Tracking) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: Line-by-Line Parsing (Error Tracking) (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Feature Request: Line-by-Line Parsing (Error Tracking)
Date: 21 Apr 2018 20:12:56
Message: <5adbd388$1@news.povray.org>
Sometimes, when the scene files have become insanely large, and there is
somewhere a logical error in it, it is very hard to find - especially
when having to look at thousands of code lines.

I want to propose a new feature that is standard with most software
compilers: to parse a scene up to a certain selected line (number) only,
or to parse a scene line-by-line.

This way, it would be much easier to locate logical errors.

In my case, I am getting a problem with a macro texture (inside an INC
file) when calling it from my main scene file, but I don't get that
error inside that INC file when using it with a test scene file. Thus,
there must be somewhere an error within the main scene file. It has
thousands of code lines...

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message