POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Support Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh Support (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Mesh Support
Date: 27 Mar 2018 23:24:23
Message: <5abb0ae7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

what mesh formats can I import into a POV-Ray scene?

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Mesh Support
Date: 28 Mar 2018 01:37:18
Message: <5abb2a0e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.03.2018 um 05:24 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> what mesh formats can I import into a POV-Ray scene?

Currently, POV-Ray does not provide any native "import" of any kind
(other than image files); whatever "alien" formats you want to shove
into POV-Ray, you need to convert it to native POV-Ray format (mesh or
mesh2 in the case of polygon meshes) using an external tool.

On the other hand, technically POV-Ray's language is powerful enough to
write import macros for any format you can get detailed information
about. (Don't expect such macros to provide any reasonable performance
though).

Post a reply to this message