POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A bit of math Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  A bit of math (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: A bit of math
Date: 26 Feb 2018 18:03:06
Message: <5a94922a@news.povray.org>
I have a three coordinates.

// bounding box
L3ModelBBoxMin = <-1280,-428,-960>
L3ModelBBoxMax = <1280,0,-160>

// camera location
L3Location = <2413.395250,-1636.367750,-2657.726250>

How do I determine the corner of the bounding box that is nearest the
camera? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: A bit of math
Date: 26 Feb 2018 20:30:01
Message: <web.5a94b3c591b82e795cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
> I have a three coordinates.
>
> // bounding box
> L3ModelBBoxMin = <-1280,-428,-960>
> L3ModelBBoxMax = <1280,0,-160>
>
> // camera location
> L3Location = <2413.395250,-1636.367750,-2657.726250>
>

> How do I determine the corner of the bounding box that is nearest the
> camera? Thanks.
>

> Mike

Define the corners you want to test, and calculate the vlength between the
corners and the camera location.   Then use min().

Post a reply to this message

> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I have a three coordinates.
>>
>> // bounding box
>> L3ModelBBoxMin = <-1280,-428,-960>
>> L3ModelBBoxMax = <1280,0,-160>
>>
>> // camera location
>> L3Location = <2413.395250,-1636.367750,-2657.726250>
>>

>> How do I determine the corner of the bounding box that is nearest the
>> camera? Thanks.
>>

>> Mike
>
> Define the corners you want to test, and calculate the vlength between the
> corners and the camera location.   Then use min().

I get an error when I try to set the value of a vector's x-coordinate.

	#local NearCorner.x = BBoxMin.x;

What is the correct way to set this coordinate?

Mike

Post a reply to this message