POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Which reflection models does PovRay use? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:47:52 EDT (-0400)
  Which reflection models does PovRay use? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Stephen
Subject: Which reflection models does PovRay use?
Date: 1 May 2017 05:40:50
Message: <590702a2$1@news.povray.org>
I am comparing the output of Blender’s PovRay exporter with Blender’s
internal renderer. So to compare like with like I want to set the
Blender material to what PovRay uses.
These are the Blender models.

Diffuse	 Fresnel
	 Minnaert
	 Toon
	 Oren-Nayar
	 Lambert

Specular Wardlso
	 Toon
	 Blinn
	 Phong
	 CookTorr

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Which reflection models does PovRay use?
Date: 1 May 2017 23:51:56
Message: <5908025c@news.povray.org>
Le 17-05-01 à 05:40, Stephen a écrit :
> I am comparing the output of Blender’s PovRay exporter with Blender’s
> internal renderer. So to compare like with like I want to set the
> Blender material to what PovRay uses.
> These are the Blender models.
>
> Diffuse     Fresnel
>       Minnaert
>       Toon
>       Oren-Nayar
>       Lambert
>
> Specular Wardlso
>       Toon
>       Blinn
>       Phong
>       CookTorr

"Toon" invoque rather flat tones. Use a low brilliance, from zero to 0.2.
"blinn" is probably similar to specular highlight.

Post a reply to this message

>> I am comparing the output of Blender’s PovRay exporter with Blender’s
>> internal renderer. So to compare like with like I want to set the
>> Blender material to what PovRay uses.
>> These are the Blender models.
>>
>> Diffuse
>>       Fresnel
>>       Minnaert
>>       Toon
>>       Oren-Nayar
>>       Lambert
>>
>> Specular
>>       Wardlso
>>       Toon
>>       Blinn
>>       Phong
>>       CookTorr
>>

> "Toon" invoque rather flat tones. Use a low brilliance, from zero to 0.2.
> "blinn" is probably similar to specular highlight.

Thanks for the reply, Alain.

My question was badly formatted. Both in layout and style, sorry.
The list above are the options I have in Blender.

Thinking about it. I'll stop being lazy and do some testing. That will
give me a better understanding of Blender's shaders. It should throw
some light on my confusion of how Blender does things.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Thinking about it. I'll stop being lazy and do some testing. That will
> give me a better understanding of Blender's shaders. It should throw
> some light on my confusion of how Blender does things.

Please tell us about your experiences. I'm still not using Blender
because I'm still hoping that Moray will be available some time. But
things like what you are talking about are of some interest for me.

Gregor

Post a reply to this message