POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Square or X gradient Server Time
17 Apr 2024 20:09:51 EDT (-0400)
  Square or X gradient (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Square or X gradient
Date: 21 Feb 2017 17:36:52
Message: <58acc104$1@news.povray.org>
How would I create a pattern such as this:

https://www.filterforge.com/wiki/images/3/32/Square_gradient.jpg

Thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Square or X gradient
Date: 21 Feb 2017 17:52:39
Message: <58acc4b7$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2017 5:37 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> How would I create a pattern such as this:
>
> https://www.filterforge.com/wiki/images/3/32/Square_gradient.jpg
>
> Thanks!
>

> Mike

Never mind. I was able to piece it together using four triangles, each
with a different linear gradient.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: omniverse
Date: 21 Feb 2017 23:25:01
Message: <web.58ad1216933428799c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> On 2/21/2017 5:37 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> > How would I create a pattern such as this:
> >
> > https://www.filterforge.com/wiki/images/3/32/Square_gradient.jpg
>
> Never mind. I was able to piece it together using four triangles, each
> with a different linear gradient.

Mike, maybe you didn't remember the boxed pattern?

plane{
    z,0
    pigment{
        boxed
        color_map{
            [0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]
        }
    }
}

That should be same, except 'finish' statement to adjust.

Bob

Post a reply to this message