POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Posting in povray.tools.general Server Time: 19 Oct 2017 10:52:28 GMT
  Posting in povray.tools.general (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: dick balaska
Subject: Posting in povray.tools.general
Date: 4 Feb 2017 08:58:45
Message: <589597c5$1@news.povray.org>
I want to post my povclipse2 discussions in p.t.general
But, this
http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/
doesn't show up in
http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/
which is, I think, the interface of a good chunk of audience.

The p.t.general messages show up in the digests
http://news.povray.org/digest/
but that's temporary, roll-off dependent.

So I can't decide where I want to be.  The more appropriate place, 
p.t.general, or the wider audience place, p.general.

-- 
dik


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Posting in povray.tools.general
Date: 4 Feb 2017 15:13:46
Message: <5895efaa$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.02.2017 um 09:58 schrieb dick balaska:
> I want to post my povclipse2 discussions in p.t.general
> But, this
> http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/
> doesn't show up in
> http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/
> which is, I think, the interface of a good chunk of audience.

I for one didn't even know the latter existed. When I'm accessing the
newsgroups via the web interface, I do so via

    http://news.povray.org/

(which is also accessible from the "resources" page, albeit the
"Newsgroups" section, as "http://news.povray.org/groups/").


From its structure, it seems to me that
"http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/" is primarily intended as a
collection of links to the newsgroups themselves
("http://news.povray.org/...", to be accessed via a newsreader using the
NNTP protocol), rather than the corresponding web interface page
("http://news.povray.org/..."), while "http://news.povray.org/" is the
official index page for the web interface.


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Posting in povray.tools.general
Date: 4 Feb 2017 15:52:30
Message: <5895f8be$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/4/2017 3:13 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.02.2017 um 09:58 schrieb dick balaska:
>> I want to post my povclipse2 discussions in p.t.general
>> But, this
>> http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/
>> doesn't show up in
>> http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/
>> which is, I think, the interface of a good chunk of audience.
>
> I for one didn't even know the latter existed. When I'm accessing the
> newsgroups via the web interface, I do so via
>
>      http://news.povray.org/
>
> (which is also accessible from the "resources" page, albeit the
> "Newsgroups" section, as "http://news.povray.org/groups/").
>
>
>  From its structure, it seems to me that
> "http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/" is primarily intended as a
> collection of links to the newsgroups themselves
> ("http://news.povray.org/...", to be accessed via a newsreader using the
> NNTP protocol), rather than the corresponding web interface page
> ("http://news.povray.org/..."), while "http://news.povray.org/" is the
> official index page for the web interface.
>

Last I heard, the web interface was experimental.
Some viewed it as a bit modern.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Posting in povray.tools.general
Date: 6 Feb 2017 00:25:01
Message: <web.5897c21d52add786883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> On 2/4/2017 3:13 PM, clipka wrote:
> > Am 04.02.2017 um 09:58 schrieb dick balaska:
> >> I want to post my povclipse2 discussions in p.t.general
> >> But, this
> >> http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/
> >> doesn't show up in
> >> http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/
> >> which is, I think, the interface of a good chunk of audience.
> >
> > I for one didn't even know the latter existed. When I'm accessing the
> > newsgroups via the web interface, I do so via
> >
> >      http://news.povray.org/
> >
> > (which is also accessible from the "resources" page, albeit the
> > "Newsgroups" section, as "http://news.povray.org/groups/").

Yep, I use  http://news.povray.org/groups/  on my desktop Windows machine, via
Firefox. Which looks the same as  http://news.povray.org/ on my end.

> >
> >  From its structure, it seems to me that
> > "http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/" is primarily intended as a
> > collection of links to the newsgroups themselves

IIRC, this is the one I see when using my iPad (although I haven't been on that
tech platform for awhile; I use my desktop now.)


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.