POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povclipse2-0.2.0 Server Time: 22 Oct 2017 21:03:46 GMT
  povclipse2-0.2.0 (Message 1 to 5 of 5)  
From: dick balaska
Subject: povclipse2-0.2.0
Date: 1 Feb 2017 07:45:02
Message: <589191fe$1@news.povray.org>
1) Moved the parser to a background thread.
2) #switch (#case, #range, #else) gets parsed and shadowed/disabled like 
the #if does
5) Support povray built-in variables through the .ini. i.e. image_width, 
clock, etc.

http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/

-- 
dik


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: povclipse2-0.2.0
Date: 5 Feb 2017 15:37:27
Message: <589746b7@news.povray.org>
Le 01/02/2017 à 08:45, dick balaska a écrit :
> 1) Moved the parser to a background thread.
> 2) #switch (#case, #range, #else) gets parsed and shadowed/disabled like
> the #if does
> 5) Support povray built-in variables through the .ini. i.e. image_width,
> clock, etc.
> 
> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/
> 

Nice.
(the link also works for automatic install in eclipse)

I had to reinstall eclipse (for new version Neon, instead of Mars), and
the plugin is working like a charm now
(must have been a problem of previous configuration).

What I would like (in the mood: give me a finger, I take the arm):
* A mono-type font for the render message view
* support of srgb and other, in addition to rgb (both for syntax and tools)
* outline: a single quote character instead of double charater for #include
* no more /usr/local/include in library path (where does that come from ?)
* a way to open an include file (such as colors.inc): F2 give the full
path, but how to open it in editor ?


Extra bonus: any way to add keywords, under user control (hint: hgpovray
add a few objects...).
Maybe can be solved with some configurable (additional) syntax file.
So far the outline get stopped by added object.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'povclipse.png' (176 KB)

Preview of image 'povclipse.png'
povclipse.png


 

From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: povclipse2-0.2.0
Date: 5 Feb 2017 22:08:01
Message: <5897a241$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-02-05 10:37, also sprach Le_Forgeron:
> Le 01/02/2017 à 08:45, dick balaska a écrit :
>> 1) Moved the parser to a background thread.
>> 2) #switch (#case, #range, #else) gets parsed and shadowed/disabled like
>> the #if does
>> 5) Support povray built-in variables through the .ini. i.e. image_width,
>> clock, etc.
>>
>> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/
>>
>
> Nice.
> (the link also works for automatic install in eclipse)
>
> I had to reinstall eclipse (for new version Neon, instead of Mars), and
> the plugin is working like a charm now
> (must have been a problem of previous configuration).

I use Mars.2 for povclipse2 dev.  My Neon is not as stable as I'd like. 
(And takes *forever* to startup)

>
> What I would like (in the mood: give me a finger, I take the arm):
> * A mono-type font for the render message view

agreed

> * support of srgb and other, in addition to rgb (both for syntax and tools)

yes

> * outline: a single quote character instead of double charater for #include

Huh, I hadn't noticed that. Lame. (and embarrassed :) )

> * no more /usr/local/include in library path (where does that come from ?)

Um, Is it in the prefs page?
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_prefs.png

> * a way to open an include file (such as colors.inc): F2 give the full
> path, but how to open it in editor ?

Ctrl-click over #include "colors.inc" works for me. The whole thing is 
very tooltip and hyperlink oriented.
#declare MyColor = Yellow;
and ctrl-click on Yellow opens colors.inc positioned at the declaration 
for Yellow.


>
>
> Extra bonus: any way to add keywords, under user control (hint: hgpovray
> add a few objects...).
> Maybe can be solved with some configurable (additional) syntax file.
> So far the outline get stopped by added object.

Yes, I can look at that.  Is there a list of objects somewhere?
An object like "lemon {}" would be easy to add. Functionality like srgb 
would be much harder.


-- 
dik


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: povclipse2-0.2.0
Date: 6 Feb 2017 17:28:54
Message: <5898b256@news.povray.org>
Le 05/02/2017 à 23:08, dick balaska a écrit :
>> * no more /usr/local/include in library path (where does that come
>> from ?)
> 
> Um, Is it in the prefs page?
> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_prefs.png

Nope, it seems to come from project properties

And no way to have a "delete" for that item.

I'm enjoying the ctrl- click, thank for reminding me of it (I do not use
enough eclipse to remember it)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'properties.png' (44 KB)

Preview of image 'properties.png'
properties.png


 

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: povclipse2-0.2.0
Date: 6 Feb 2017 17:36:49
Message: <5898b431$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05/02/2017 à 23:08, dick balaska a écrit :
>> Extra bonus: any way to add keywords, under user control (hint: hgpovray
>> add a few objects...).
>> Maybe can be solved with some configurable (additional) syntax file.
>> So far the outline get stopped by added object.
> 
> Yes, I can look at that.  Is there a list of objects somewhere?
> An object like "lemon {}" would be easy to add. Functionality like srgb
> would be much harder.
> 

The list is in the associated wiki:

https://bitbucket.org/LeForgeron/povray/wiki/Hgpovray

or

https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/wiki/Hgpovray

which reminds me that I'm late on the nurbs part.
Bad bad zoot.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.