POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to convert SVG paths into Povray Polygon/Prism? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:09:15 EDT (-0400)
  How to convert SVG paths into Povray Polygon/Prism? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Lars R
Subject: How to convert SVG paths into Povray Polygon/Prism?
Date: 6 Dec 2016 16:59:45
Message: <584734d1@news.povray.org>
I'd like to render a "3D version" of a SVG path, e.g. the green "33c3"
logo I've attached to this posting.

Are there any tools or other ways to convert the SVG path into a thing
that Povray understands?

Lars R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'logo.svg.dat' (65 KB)

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 6 Dec 2016 17:00:36
Message: <58473504$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/6/2016 4:59 PM, Lars R. wrote:
> I'd like to render a "3D version" of a SVG path, e.g. the green "33c3"
> logo I've attached to this posting.
>
> Are there any tools or other ways to convert the SVG path into a thing
> that Povray understands?
>
> Lars R.

Inkscape can export to POV-Ray. Not sure how it works though.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

There is this: http://www.arakne.es/en/dessign/svg2pov-tutorial-table-part1/

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

>> I'd like to render a "3D version" of a SVG path, e.g. the green "33c3"
>> logo I've attached to this posting.
>>
>> Are there any tools or other ways to convert the SVG path into a thing
>> that Povray understands?
>>
>> Lars R.
>>

> Inkscape can export to POV-Ray. Not sure how it works though.
>
> Mike

There is this: http://www.arakne.es/en/dessign/svg2pov-tutorial-table-part1/

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like to render a "3D version" of a SVG path, e.g. the green "33c3"
> logo I've attached to this posting.
>
> Are there any tools or other ways to convert the SVG path into a thing
> that Povray understands?
>
> Lars R.

If you are running a recent 3.71 version, the following method & code
will get you to an isosurface.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'svgimagecolortodf3.pov.txt' (3 KB)