POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povclipse2 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:32:04 EDT (-0400)
  povclipse2 (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: dick balaska
Subject: povclipse2
Date: 28 Apr 2016 16:24:00
Message: <57227160$1@news.povray.org>
I've been working on povclipse2...
I'm replacing the magic hidden .ini file with bring-your-own .ini.
You can either edit the .ini source directly, or use a gui thingy (which
modifies the doc in place, with built in undo and everything; eclipse is
slick for making plugins)

et voilà:
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_iniEditing_ImagePage.png

I don't know why I'm not getting the cool background/headers like what's
in the sample.
http://www.eclipseonetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/multipage-editor-example.jpg

And I'm annoyed with myself because this minor feature is apparently
more important to me, than say, making it actually work.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

Le 28/04/2016 22:24, dick balaska a écrit :
> I've been working on povclipse2...
> I'm replacing the magic hidden .ini file with bring-your-own .ini.
> You can either edit the .ini source directly, or use a gui thingy (which
> modifies the doc in place, with built in undo and everything; eclipse is
> slick for making plugins)
>
> et voilà:
> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_iniEditing_ImagePage.png
>
> I don't know why I'm not getting the cool background/headers like what's
> in the sample.

http://www.eclipseonetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/multipage-editor-example.jpg

> And I'm annoyed with myself because this minor feature is apparently
> more important to me, than say, making it actually work.

It looks already lovely to me. Maybe it's just a matter of style. Does
eclipse use HTML/CSS ? or something else ?

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 2 May 2016 16:28:24
Message: <5727b868$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-05-02 07:13, also sprach Le_Forgeron:

> It looks already lovely to me. [1]

Thanks. It's getting there. I'm about ready to start calling povray
again. Determining cwd was tricky.

Working out the tri-statedness was a bitch too.  (A field is
on/off/undefined).  I started writing my original post because I
couldn't figure out how to represent that.  Before I pressed send, I
figured out to hide the checkbox/spinner for undefined and then click
the label to enable the field. Clickable labels is not really an
industry standard gui op, but then, for tri-state, what is?  A checkbox
has a standard (check/uncheck/grey filled) but a spinner or text field
does not.
Another option would have been a right-click menu to enable/disable a
field, but that was a lot more work. :)

> Maybe it's just a matter of style. Does
> eclipse use HTML/CSS ? or something else ?

Java GridLayout. Define a 2x2 grid and then add your 4 Widgets in order
[2], so they end up in the right place. There is a Border object that
decorates the border of the grid. I thought I'd inherit the eclipse
default, but apparently not. Hopefully it's just a matter of finding the
PrettyBorder flag in the constructor. ;)

[1] *This* looks lovely to me...
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_testpov.png
This is what I'm excited for. A modern editor that I can ctrl-click a
label and go to that definition (or hover over a label and quick-see the
definition).  Markus did a ton of great work on povclipse. It just needs
a small lorryload of polish.

[2] Another bitch.  My first tab, "Overview" wants to reference the
other tabs that haven't been created yet.
--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 9 May 2016 07:27:28
Message: <57307420$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-04-28 16:24, also sprach dick balaska:
> I've been working on povclipse2...

It works!
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_testpov.png

It's even installable
(developed on Windows and installed and tested on Linux)
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/

It still needs a ton of work, but it's on its way...

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 9 May 2016 11:43:03
Message: <5730b007$1@news.povray.org>
Le 09/05/2016 13:27, dick balaska a écrit :
> Am 2016-04-28 16:24, also sprach dick balaska:
>> I've been working on povclipse2...
>
> It works!
> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_testpov.png
>
> It's even installable
> (developed on Windows and installed and tested on Linux)
> http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/
>
> It still needs a ton of work, but it's on its way...

Yummy yummy yummy. It even works (install) on Ubuntu 16.04 (Mars eclipse)

Eager to get update on it :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 20 May 2016 04:24:41
Message: <573ec9c9$1@news.povray.org>
v0.0.4 adds the Insert Menu (albeit as a toolbar button for now)
and simplifies project creation thusly:
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/firstProject/

And I added a bugzilla database so I can track my todo.
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=9

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 31 May 2016 04:12:29
Message: <574d476d$1@news.povray.org>
v0.0.5
Converts the RenderThread to an eclipse job with a progress bar
that can be canceled and backgrounded.
Adds "Zoom to fit" on the Image View which fits the image to
the available space.
Rearranges the ini editor tabs so that they match the grouping
in The Doc.
Ctrl-Alt-Shift-R can start a render.

Two new pretty pages:
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/firstEdits/
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/eclipseTips/

She almost understands animation (required for me to actually use it).
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/earlyAnimationWork.png
"She"? Unusual for me to gender software... ponder ponder.  Ah, that is
because getOutputName is a complicated question for which there is no
one answer and is accompanied by "Who are you, what do you want, and
where are we?" ;)

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 18 Dec 2016 06:54:24
Message: <585678f0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-04-28 16:24, also sprach dick balaska:
> I've been working on povclipse2...

Another important bit before povclipse2 is useful to me, I had to
rewrite the parser.
1) It needs project scoping during parsing. Regardless of which file one
is editing, the parser needs to start at the same file that the .ini
will call Pov-Ray on.
2) It needs to grok rvalues. I write #include concat(dir, file) a lot.
3) By groking rvalues, I can better manage #if and #ifdef blocks.

http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/includeConcat.png

(No new version pushed yet, it's not quite done)

--
dik