POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povclipse2 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:41:36 EDT (-0400)
  povclipse2 (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: dick balaska
Subject: povclipse2
Date: 18 Mar 2016 17:24:16
Message: <56ec7200$1@news.povray.org>
I have started on povclipse2.
I have taken Wolfgang's PovClipse and ported it to eclipse/mars.
It's early days yet in this process, but it boots up under mars.

There's a lot of good code in PovClipse, I'm surprised he abandoned it. :(
It just needs a little love to bring it from 2002 to 2016 best
practices. (Hard coded 3rd party libs in the project root? For shame, doc.)

Eine frage, bitte.

He writes in perfect Java Geek English, except in one case...

For brace matching, he calls {} Geschweift, and <> are Spitz.
I want to keep that tradition, what are the proper German geek words for
() and [] ?

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

On 18/03/2016 21:24, dick balaska wrote:
> For brace matching, he calls {} Geschweift, and <> are Spitz.
> I want to keep that tradition, what are the proper German geek words for
> () and [] ?

parentheses: Klammer (singular) and Klammern.  no idea what the brackets
are called.

jr.

Post a reply to this message

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> I have started on povclipse2.
> I have taken Wolfgang's PovClipse and ported it to eclipse/mars.
> It's early days yet in this process, but it boots up under mars.
>
> There's a lot of good code in PovClipse, I'm surprised he abandoned it. :(
> It just needs a little love to bring it from 2002 to 2016 best
> practices. (Hard coded 3rd party libs in the project root? For shame, doc.)
>
> Eine frage, bitte.
>
> He writes in perfect Java Geek English, except in one case...
>
> For brace matching, he calls {} Geschweift, and <> are Spitz.
> I want to keep that tradition, what are the proper German geek words for
> () and [] ?
>
> --
> dik

I set it in Eclipse.
Installation - Gemmora specific
Beautiful syntax highlighting, but doesn't work all this system in Linux if
display "ON". About this bug of SDL there was a separate talk here...
In Geany there is no syntax highlighting, but works faultlessly.
I use with Geany, with the black text. Flight is normal.

Post a reply to this message