POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To generate a HF_Cylinder from an image Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  To generate a HF_Cylinder from an image (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: To generate a HF_Cylinder from an image
Date: 12 Feb 2016 15:05:06
Message: <56be3af2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

CLipka mentioned, that with some PIGMENT function it should be possible
to create a heightfield from a heightfield image, that is twisted like a
cylinder.

I want to go ahead with that, but need more information on that
function. Can anyone assist me?

Post a reply to this message

Am 12.02.2016 um 21:04 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Hi,
>
> CLipka mentioned, that with some PIGMENT function it should be possible
> to create a heightfield from a heightfield image, that is twisted like a
> cylinder.
>
> I want to go ahead with that, but need more information on that
> function. Can anyone assist me?

You do use the HF_Cylinder macro, using a function that is defined in
terms of a pigment -- a so-called pigment function.

For details, look it up in the docs.

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for this signpost, CLipka. Will research into that direction. :-)