POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Rounded Cone Server Time
16 Apr 2024 07:50:01 EDT (-0400)
  Question: Rounded Cone (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Question: Rounded Cone
Date: 8 Feb 2016 15:01:51
Message: <56b8f42f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to avoid using differences for making this shape. Thus, I am
asking you all, what would be the best way to create such a cone with
rounded sides? See it on the image from the side. From above it looks round.

Secondly, a b-spline has a round body. But I am looking for a way, to
bend a long thin rectangle so it could function as column for that
rounded cone. Any idea?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sl - colony ship ia.jpg' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'sl - colony ship ia.jpg'
sl - colony ship ia.jpg

Am 08.02.2016 um 21:01 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Hi,
>
> I want to avoid using differences for making this shape. Thus, I am
> asking you all, what would be the best way to create such a cone with
> rounded sides? See it on the image from the side. From above it looks round.

The sor (Surface of revolution) or lathe primitives would probably be
the best way to go.

> Secondly, a b-spline has a round body. But I am looking for a way, to
> bend a long thin rectangle so it could function as column for that
> rounded cone. Any idea?

I'm not sure what you mean by "column" in this context.

Post a reply to this message