POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HLS in color_maps? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  HLS in color_maps? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: HLS in color_maps?
Date: 22 Jan 2016 18:53:12
Message: <56a2c0e8$1@news.povray.org>
I know there is a macro to convert HLS colors into RGB colors. But can
this be done in color_maps?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: HLS in color_maps?
Date: 22 Jan 2016 19:05:43
Message: <56a2c3d7@news.povray.org>
Am 23.01.2016 um 00:53 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I know there is a macro to convert HLS colors into RGB colors. But can
> this be done in color_maps?

Sure, why not.

Note however that this will /not/ give you colour interpolation in HLS
space.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 22 Jan 2016 19:17:05
Message: <56a2c681$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/22/2016 7:05 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 23.01.2016 um 00:53 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> I know there is a macro to convert HLS colors into RGB colors. But can
>> this be done in color_maps?
>
> Sure, why not.
>
> Note however that this will /not/ give you colour interpolation in HLS
> space.

I meant being able to go from hls <0,1/2,1> to hls <1,1/2,1> inside the
color_map with smooth gradations.

Mike

Post a reply to this message