POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? Server Time
17 May 2024 03:42:02 EDT (-0400)
  Is this a bug? (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: Ger
Subject: Re: Is this a bug?
Date: 18 Jan 2016 02:54:03
Message: <569c9a1b$1@news.povray.org>
dick balaska wrote:

> On 1/17/2016 5:43 PM, Ger wrote:
>
>> As I was typing this reply the next error message come up
>>
>> File 'data.inc' line 169: Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', ]
>> found
>>   instead
>> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
>> Render failed
>>
>> There is no line 169
>>

> I ran your render and only got to frame 21:
>
> "data.inc" line 218: Parse Error: Illegal character in input file, value
> is 85.
>
> (I had to change #if (frame_number=0) to =1 to seed data.inc)
>
> It smells like a bizarre race condition to me.  How about trying
> separate data files per frame?
> #include concat("data", str(frame_number,0,0), ".inc")

I had already tried that and it does exactly the same thing. Maybe with other
frame numbers but the same error messages on the same non-existing line
numbers.

--

Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Jan 2016 03:10:02
Message: <569c9dda$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-1-2016 8:08, Ger wrote:

> Btw, Pietje Puk is my alter ego :)

LOL (strictly for Dutch)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 18 Jan 2016 05:25:00
Message: <web.569cbd5dc0eb7a16ad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>
Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>
> > Am 17.01.2016 um 23:43 schrieb Ger:
> >
> >> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version
> >> 3.7.1-alpha.7695039.unofficial
> >
> > Uh... that's 17 months old. Ever thought of trying a newer version?
>
> I have thought of it, but somehow never got around to it.
>
> Okay, got the latest? stable version
> built it, and guess what. It doesn't accept the -CC option

> It's the first version with the -CC option (no povstatefile) that I
> requested.

Dang, I was just about to ask what the "-CC" option is... do remember now.
Send a few round tuits my way and I'll have a look at both issues.

Post a reply to this message