POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Message log? Server Time
30 Apr 2024 19:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Message log? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Message log?
Date: 15 Jan 2016 04:52:30
Message: <5698c15e$1@news.povray.org>
Where do the contents of the Message Window get saved to? Does it write
the entire contents to a file?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Message log?
Date: 15 Jan 2016 05:48:06
Message: <5698ce66$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/15/2016 9:52 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Where do the contents of the Message Window get saved to? Does it write
> the entire contents to a file?

Just a quick reply. The message window text does not get saved.
You can copy the contents to the clipboard, through the menu.
You can also redirect messages, warnings, debug text to a file.
If you can find it in the Help. Look up 3.2.7 Text Output Options

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 1/15/2016 9:52 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Where do the contents of the Message Window get saved to? Does it write
>> the entire contents to a file?
>>

> Just a quick reply. The message window text does not get saved.
> You can copy the contents to the clipboard, through the menu.
> You can also redirect messages, warnings, debug text to a file.
> If you can find it in the Help. Look up 3.2.7 Text Output Options

What folder can I find the messages in after I redirect the streams?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 1/15/2016 11:51 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 1/15/2016 5:47 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 1/15/2016 9:52 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> Where do the contents of the Message Window get saved to? Does it write
>>> the entire contents to a file?
>>>

>> Just a quick reply. The message window text does not get saved.
>> You can copy the contents to the clipboard, through the menu.
>> You can also redirect messages, warnings, debug text to a file.
>> If you can find it in the Help. Look up 3.2.7 Text Output Options
>>

> What folder can I find the messages in after I redirect the streams?
>

> Mike

I think that it will be saved in the directory that you ran the Pov file
from. Unless you include a path in the output file's name. Look at
3.2.7.3 Directing Text Streams to Files

It shouldn't be difficult to do a quick test with a unique name and
search for it.

--

Regards
     Stephen