POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Area light axes Server Time
30 Apr 2024 20:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Area light axes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Area light axes
Date: 14 Jan 2016 19:45:00
Message: <5698410c$1@news.povray.org>
Let's say I have an linear area light that is supposed to be 20 units
long from one end to the other along the Z axis. What value do I put in
for AXIS_1_VECTOR? Do I put "z * 20" or "z * 10"? Do the vectors start
from the middle of the area light or from the edges? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Am 15.01.2016 um 01:45 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Let's say I have an linear area light that is supposed to be 20 units
> long from one end to the other along the Z axis. What value do I put in
> for AXIS_1_VECTOR? Do I put "z * 20" or "z * 10"? Do the vectors start
> from the middle of the area light or from the edges? Thanks.

The length of the axis vectors specifies the total size of the area
light in the respective direction, so you should use z*20.