POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Preserve contents of render window when rendering a sub-portion? Server Time
2 May 2024 16:36:15 EDT (-0400)
  Preserve contents of render window when rendering a sub-portion? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Preserve contents of render window when rendering a sub-portion?
Date: 5 Jan 2016 23:58:08
Message: <568c9ee0$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to preserve the existing contents of the render window
when only rendering a sub-portion of the window using the mouse drag
ability? Thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 6 Jan 2016 03:48:09
Message: <568cd4c9@news.povray.org>
Am 06.01.2016 um 05:58 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Is there a way to preserve the existing contents of the render window
> when only rendering a sub-portion of the window using the mouse drag
> ability? Thanks!

Not... yet.

Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 6 Jan 2016 11:40:32
Message: <568d4380$1@news.povray.org>
But ... we spoke about such a feature already. So ... let's hope.   :-)

Post a reply to this message

> Am 06.01.2016 um 05:58 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> Is there a way to preserve the existing contents of the render window
>> when only rendering a sub-portion of the window using the mouse drag
>> ability? Thanks!
>
> Not... yet.

It would also be cool if when defining a sub-region, the coordinates
automatically got copied into the ini input box.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 1/7/2016 8:29 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 1/6/2016 3:47 AM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 06.01.2016 um 05:58 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>>> Is there a way to preserve the existing contents of the render window
>>> when only rendering a sub-portion of the window using the mouse drag
>>> ability? Thanks!
>>
>> Not... yet.
>>

> It would also be cool if when defining a sub-region, the coordinates
> automatically got copied into the ini input box.
>

> Mike

If you Shift + drag it copies the variables into the command line options.

Almost as good. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > Am 06.01.2016 um 05:58 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> >> Is there a way to preserve the existing contents of the render window
> >> when only rendering a sub-portion of the window using the mouse drag
> >> ability? Thanks!
> >
> > Not... yet.
> >

> It would also be cool if when defining a sub-region, the coordinates
> automatically got copied into the ini input box.

As Stephen mentioned, that already happens /if/ you press the shift key while
selecting the region to render.

I wouldn't want POV-Ray to mess with the command-line input box /every/ time I
select a render a region. ;)

Post a reply to this message

> I wouldn't want POV-Ray to mess with the command-line input box/every/  time I
> select a render a region.;)

Is there a way to switch off that feature?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I wouldn't want POV-Ray to mess with the command-line input
>> box/every/  time I
>> select a render a region.;)
>>

> Is there a way to switch off that feature?

Absolutely: Rip out your shift key :P

Post a reply to this message

>>> I wouldn't want POV-Ray to mess with the command-line input
>>> box/every/  time I
>>> select a render a region.;)
>>>

>> Is there a way to switch off that feature?
>
> Absolutely: Rip out your shift key :P

Boak! :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> As Stephen mentioned, that already happens /if/ you press the shift key while
> selecting the region to render.
>
> I wouldn't want POV-Ray to mess with the command-line input box /every/ time I
> select a render a region. ;)

Awesome!

Mike