POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinity symbol Server Time
15 May 2024 16:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Infinity symbol (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Infinity symbol
Date: 9 Dec 2015 19:28:10
Message: <5668c71a$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to paste the infinity symbol ∞ into POV-Ray but it keeps
replacing the symbol with the number 8. How do I get around this? I am
using utf8 for the text encoding.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Infinity symbol
Date: 9 Dec 2015 19:48:14
Message: <5668cbce@news.povray.org>
On 12/9/2015 7:28 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I'm trying to paste the infinity symbol ∞ into POV-Ray but it keeps
> replacing the symbol with the number 8. How do I get around this? I am
> using utf8 for the text encoding.
>
> Mike

Can I use unicode escape sequences? I don't see them mentioned in the docs.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 2015-12-09 16:28, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I'm trying to paste the infinity symbol ∞ into POV-Ray but it keeps
> replacing the symbol with the number 8. How do I get around this? I am
> using utf8 for the text encoding.
>
> Mike

Are you sure it's not the infinity symbol just standing up on end? Maybe
you just need a translation to rotate it onto it's side?

I don't know. It's just a suggestion.

Todd

Post a reply to this message

On 12/9/2015 8:30 PM, Todd Carnes wrote:
> Are you sure it's not the infinity symbol just standing up on end? Maybe
> you just need a translation to rotate it onto it's side?
>
> I don't know. It's just a suggestion.
>
> Todd

LOL! Nope!

Mike