POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linked Arrays Server Time
19 May 2024 09:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  Linked Arrays (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Leroy
Subject: Linked Arrays
Date: 24 Jul 2015 13:33:10
Message: <55b276d6@news.povray.org>
I was going over my old POV files and came across 'Linked
Arrays' from 2011. I remember talking to some one here in the new group
about it but can't find the link.
  Because POV doesn't let you put different data types in the same
array(like Strings and Vectors). The Idea behind 'Linked' was to tie the
different data types with a Name and a few macros to manipulate them. It
would create an include file that had the data arrays defined as well as
the macros.
  The Naming idea was nothing new, we all do that naturally. IE. My_Str,
My_Val,...  'Linked' just lets you do a lot more. The macros where to
treat everything as a big array. That is the Location of an Element of
one array would be 'link' to an Element of another array.
  But what macros to make and what to leave to leave out. I started with
placing values to the arrays one Location at a time. Then Getting the
values back from a Location into variables. To make a long story short,
I made Trade,Copy,Sort,Load,Save. Then....
  I don't know why I didn't finish it out. I've use one or twice over
the years. Is it worth it? And if so what macros would you want?
Have Fun!