POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : solid parametric Server Time
19 May 2024 09:00:26 EDT (-0400)
  solid parametric (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: solid parametric
Date: 23 Feb 2015 02:53:06
Message: <54eadc62$1@news.povray.org>
Is there any way I can turn this into something with thickness? I want
to create a spiral ramp for people to walk upon.

	#local Fx = function(u,v) {u*cos(v)}
	#local Fy = function(u,v) {u*sin(v)}
	#local Fz = function(u,v) {v}
	#local platform_ramp_1 = object
	{
		Parametric(Fx,Fy,Fz,<0,0>,<1,pi>,12,12,"")
		rotate +x * 90
		rotate -y * 90
		scale y/pi
		translate y