POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re-render same subsection? Server Time
19 May 2024 12:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re-render same subsection? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re-render same subsection?
Date: 19 Feb 2015 22:55:05
Message: <54e6b019$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Re-render same subsection?
Date: 20 Feb 2015 02:27:22
Message: <54e6e1da$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/02/2015 03:55, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
> and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
> Thanks.

If you use an INI file to start your render. You can define the column
and rows.

> 3.2.2.3 Partial Output Options

If you use the animation features you can do multiple renders.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 20/02/2015 03:55, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
>> and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
>> Thanks.
>
> If you use an INI file to start your render. You can define the column
> and rows.
>
>> 3.2.2.3 Partial Output Options
>

> If you use the animation features you can do multiple renders.
>
>> 3.2.1.3 Subsets of Animation Frames

Not what I'm looking for, but thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> On 20/02/2015 03:55, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
>> and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
>> Thanks.
>
> If you use an INI file to start your render. You can define the column
> and rows.
>
>> 3.2.2.3 Partial Output Options

yep ... that's how I'd do it I have the following in my Options.ini file:

[Middle]
+sc0.25
+sr0.25
+ec0.75
+er0.75

re-read that section and see if that's /really/ the ticket!

Post a reply to this message

Am 20.02.2015 um 04:55 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
> and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
> Thanks.

While using the mouse to select a region to render from the render
output window, press the shift key to have POV-Ray automatically enter
column and row numbers for you.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 20.02.2015 um 04:55 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> Is there a way to re-render the same pixel sub-section of an image over
>> and over again without manually entering in the column and row numbers?
>> Thanks.
>
> While using the mouse to select a region to render from the render
> output window, press the shift key to have POV-Ray automatically enter
> column and row numbers for you.

This is what I needed. Thanks!