POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 123D Catch Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:03:47 EDT (-0400)
  123D Catch (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: 123D Catch
Date: 3 Mar 2014 14:22:31
Message: <5314d677$1@news.povray.org>
Hey - has anyone checked this out?

http://www.123dapp.com/catch

I was thinking about using a POV-Ray series of renders from an animation
as the input to get the 3D model.

I'm wondering if the surface coloring can be imported as a UV map or
something.   Anyway, seemed like a great way to convert SDL to a 3D
printable format.

Post a reply to this message

Bald Eagle <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Hey - has anyone checked this out?
>
> http://www.123dapp.com/catch
>
> I was thinking about using a POV-Ray series of renders from an animation
> as the input to get the 3D model.
>
> I'm wondering if the surface coloring can be imported as a UV map or
> something.   Anyway, seemed like a great way to convert SDL to a 3D
> printable format.

It's neat, but I was hoping to get better meshes from this thing.