POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:54:24 EDT (-0400)
  And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... (Message 1 to 10 of 43)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux...
Date: 6 Feb 2014 19:11:28
Message: <52f424b0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

I just downloaded the zip package from povray.org, unzipped it into my
home directory... changed to the "unix" directory, read the instructions
in install.txt - but even failed to perform only the first command,

there is no configure program at all!

Where do I have to look?!?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

> I just downloaded the zip package from povray.org, unzipped it into my
> home directory... changed to the "unix" directory, read the instructions
> in install.txt - but even failed to perform only the first command,
> ./configure COMPILED_BY="Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann <yaz### [at] gmxde>", as
> there is no configure program at all!
>
> Where do I have to look?!?

In povray.unix
I dropped a script there to configure/compile/install povray on suse linux.
You should be able to convert it to what you want.
--

Ger

Post a reply to this message