POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: jhu
Subject: Re: And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux...
Date: 9 Feb 2014 21:30:00
Message: <web.52f8398cf58cc046d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 09.02.2014 16:07, jhu wrote:
>
> > 1) What kind of computer are you running?
>
> A hexacore AMD Phenom.
>
> > 2) What OS are you using? (Debina? Ubuntu? Mint? SteamOS?)
>
> Debian stable 6.0.5.
>
> > 3) If all else fails, I or someone else can compile a static binary and send it
> > to you.
>
> O.k....
>

> Yadgar

Check http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.misc/ in a few minutes. A static
binary for povray should show up momentarily.

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 10 Feb 2014 00:20:03
Message: <web.52f86163f58cc046d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
Oops! The last one I posted was compiled for Ivy Bridge. I posted a new one
compiled for Phenom. It should run faster. Again, it' in the binary/misc area.

Post a reply to this message