POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just a little trick Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Just a little trick (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ger
Subject: Just a little trick
Date: 29 Aug 2013 18:21:01
Message: <521fc94d$1@news.povray.org>
When working on the CSG-globe problem, I found myself deleting vast
amounts of automatically created data to make room for new stuff.
Some times I deleted files too quickly because Povray hadn't gotten that
far yet. And sometimes I deleted too little.

So here's a trick so that povray can do it for you

#declare Filename = concat("/data/povray/Mutilated
Earth/data/flatplane/flatnodes.", str(frame_number,-5,0));
#debug "Loading the mesh object. . .\n"
#include Filename
#debug "Done.\n"

/*
The next trick does not delete the file but reduces its size to 0
when #declare SetForDeletion=true; is found in the file.
*/

#ifdef (SetForDeletion)
   #if (SetForDeletion=true)
     #fopen DataFile Filename write