POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parse warning Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  parse warning (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: parse warning
Date: 2 Jan 2013 07:02:57
Message: <50e421f1$1@news.povray.org>
For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:

Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.

There is no reference to any file in which this may happen, nor to the
suspicious place. I have been browsing different potential issues
without finding anything /suspicious/.

Any smart idea?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Le 02/01/2013 13:02, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
> For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:
>
> Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.
>
> There is no reference to any file in which this may happen, nor to the
> suspicious place. I have been browsing different potential issues
> without finding anything /suspicious/.
>
> Any smart idea?

Code analysis: warning due to number of terms in expression not equal to 3.

Lack of file location means that Token.FileHandle is NULL.

Post a reply to this message

On 01/02/2013 07:02 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:
>
> Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.
>
> There is no reference to any file in which this may happen, nor to the
> suspicious place. I have been browsing different potential issues
> without finding anything /suspicious/.
>
> Any smart idea?
>
> Thomas

seen this before as well, iirc: look for pigment statements that have
rgb followed a predefined color like Yellow ... effectively it's seeing
it as pigment { rgb rgb <1,1,0> }

Post a reply to this message

> For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:
>
> Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.

   That warning is the one I most see... due to my tendency to mix
colors by arithmetic operations (i.e.: Red*.5+Yellow*.3). I learned to
just ignore it... ;)

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

On 01/02/2013 09:16 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:
>>
>> Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.
>
>    That warning is the one I most see... due to my tendency to mix
> colors by arithmetic operations (i.e.: Red*.5+Yellow*.3). I learned to
> just ignore it... ;)
>
> --
> Jaime

LOL that's where I'd seen that before, thanks for the nudge ... perhaps
my other recollection was incorrect then

Post a reply to this message

On 2-1-2013 15:16, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> For some time now I have been wondering about the meaning of:
>>
>> Parse warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.
>
>    That warning is the one I most see... due to my tendency to mix
> colors by arithmetic operations (i.e.: Red*.5+Yellow*.3). I learned to
> just ignore it... ;)

I also do that a lot (mixing and... ignoring) ;-)

I just got curious because sometimes it seems not to make sense,
everything loud an clear, so to speak, but I probably have some hidden
things I overlook in the process.

Thanks all for the clarification.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message