POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef fails? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  #ifdef fails? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ger
Subject: #ifdef fails?
Date: 17 Nov 2012 14:22:20
Message: <50a7e3ec$1@news.povray.org>
Consider then following code;

    #fopen FN FileName read
    #ifdef (FN)
      #while (defined(FN))
	#read ( FN , Vector)
	action( Vector )
      #end

After processing Filename001 - FileName100, the next file doesn't exist
(FileName101). Afaik #ifdef (FN) should catch that and not allow the #while
loop to continue.

Or am I missing something?
--
Ger

Using Pov 3.7 on Linux

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: #ifdef fails?
Date: 17 Nov 2012 16:42:15
Message: <50a804b7$1@news.povray.org>
Ger wrote:

>     #fopen FN FileName read
>     #ifdef (FN)
>       #while (defined(FN))
> 	#read ( FN , Vector)
> 	action( Vector )
>       #end
>     #end

the documentation of #fopen states that IDENTIFIER should be
an undefined identifier. So it might be that the #ifdef test
only works if FN was not alreaday defined prior to #fopen.

Post a reply to this message

> the documentation of #fopen states that IDENTIFIER should be
> an undefined identifier. So it might be that the #ifdef test
> only works if FN was not alreaday defined prior to #fopen.

From the manual
<
You may use #ifdef FILE_HANDLE_IDENTIFIER to see if a file is open.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message