POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
Date: 27 Oct 2012 04:40:01
Message: <web.508b9caa88a00d61bc1a7d400@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
 But there
> are many others where a community member seems to drop off the face of the
> Earth, and no one knows what has happened to them.

Mick Hazelgrove, Nathan o'Brian, Gena Obukhov, Douglas Eichenberg, Christoph
Bouffartique, JRG, Kari Kivisalo and others (some like Rene Bui, Christoph
Gerber etc. retained some acitivities after 2007...). Others changed software
base (like Gilles Tran and Toni Bratinevic).
A few of the old povers (like Christoph Hormann...) revived their activities
lately (at a low or very specialized level...).

Speaking for myself - it was the disappearance of the old IRTC as a signal.
It wasn't the competition, but the lack of source sharing, which (together with
"real life") led to a sudden drop off of all povray activities within two days
for four years.

Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message