POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with Blobs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Help with Blobs (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Stephen
Subject: Help with Blobs
Date: 13 Oct 2012 09:04:29
Message: <507966dd$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to make an hourglass and I cannot get the settings right.
Would some kind person give me some starting values for a realistic
looking sandglass? Or suggest another method as I have never managed to
work successfully with blobs.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to make an hourglass and I cannot get the settings right.
> Would some kind person give me some starting values for a realistic
> looking sandglass? Or suggest another method as I have never managed to
> work successfully with blobs.

An hourglass shape is much easier to achieve with the sor object.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Le 13/10/2012 15:04, Stephen nous fit lire :
> I am trying to make an hourglass and I cannot get the settings right.
> Would some kind person give me some starting values for a realistic
> looking sandglass? Or suggest another method as I have never managed to
> work successfully with blobs.

Why did you choose blob ?

Have a look in the portfolio the o_shapesq12: the Lemniscate.

Or in scenes/objects/quartic/lemnisca.pov
and scenes/objects/quartic/lemnisc2.pov

Post a reply to this message