POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Map projection Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Map projection (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: JimC
Subject: Map projection
Date: 11 Oct 2012 14:20:00
Message: <web.50770ca235c553c5236cbab80@news.povray.org>
I've got a spherical screen (http://sos.noaa.gov) that I want to project some
POV-RAY objects on.  The way the system works is it takes a single file and
projects it onto the sphere, so if you take a Mercator projection of the earth
and project it, the sphere looks like a globe.  So what I want to do is find a
way of making a single image of the object that is like a Mercator projection of
the object sitting inside the sphere, with the goal of being able to walk around
the sphere and seeing the object from the correct angle.  Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message