POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to split image rendering across multiple computers (povray 3.7)? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  How to split image rendering across multiple computers (povray 3.7)? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: jhu
Subject: How to split image rendering across multiple computers (povray 3.7)?
Date: 23 Jul 2012 11:15:01
Message: <web.500d695410cc4e48d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
If an image is rendered with radiosity, how would I render it across two
computers?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 23 Jul 2012 12:48:01
Message: <500d8041$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/07/12 17:10, jhu wrote:
> If an image is rendered with radiosity, how would I render it across
> two computers?

   My solution is to use a two-pass technique for radiosity: the first
pass has to be calculated on a single computer, then the final pass can
be split into pieces for each computer. As I only have two computers to
use, it's usually not much work to do it manually. The only trick is to
remember to copy the radiosity file from the first pass to the other
computers....

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> On 23/07/12 17:10, jhu wrote:
> > If an image is rendered with radiosity, how would I render it across
> > two computers?
> >

>    My solution is to use a two-pass technique for radiosity: the first
> pass has to be calculated on a single computer, then the final pass can
> be split into pieces for each computer. As I only have two computers to
> use, it's usually not much work to do it manually. The only trick is to
> remember to copy the radiosity file from the first pass to the other
> computers....
>
> --
> Jaime

So it's the same as in 3.6?

Post a reply to this message

> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>> On 23/07/12 17:10, jhu wrote:
>>> If an image is rendered with radiosity, how would I render it across
>>> two computers?
>>>

>>     My solution is to use a two-pass technique for radiosity: the first
>> pass has to be calculated on a single computer, then the final pass can
>> be split into pieces for each computer. As I only have two computers to
>> use, it's usually not much work to do it manually. The only trick is to
>> remember to copy the radiosity file from the first pass to the other
>> computers....
>>
>> --
>> Jaime
>
> So it's the same as in 3.6?

Mostly. The main difference is that you must use a command line command
to save and load the radiosity data.