POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crescent Moon in daylight. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Crescent Moon in daylight. (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Stephen
Subject: Crescent Moon in daylight.
Date: 11 Jan 2011 10:21:20
Message: <4d2c7570$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone suggest how to create a Crescent Moon where the unlit part is
not visible?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Crescent Moon in daylight.
Date: 11 Jan 2011 10:29:55
Message: <4d2c7772@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest how to create a Crescent Moon where the unlit part is
> not visible?

  Cut the unlit part away?-)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Jan 2011 10:31:18
Message: <4d2c77c6$1@news.povray.org>
Le 11/01/2011 16:21, Stephen a écrit :
> Can anyone suggest how to create a Crescent Moon where the unlit part is
> not visible?

Intersect a moon-sphere with a shadow-cone ?
(well, it's rather a csg difference)
(get dimensions & distances from wikipedia)

Post a reply to this message