POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crescent Moon in daylight. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Crescent Moon in daylight. (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Crescent Moon in daylight.
Date: 12 Jan 2011 10:57:52
Message: <4d2dcf80@news.povray.org>
On 12/01/2011 3:51 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Stephen"<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  schreef in bericht
>> Thanks Thomas.
>> The only problem with this method is that the Moon is coloured by the
>> Sphere of the Sky (we need a name for this as skysphere is something
>> else).
>
> That is what happens also in RL...

notice it.
Must be a Gamma problem :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Jan 2011 11:35:01
Message: <web.4d2dd701db8fc2836dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 12/01/2011 3:51 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> > "Stephen"<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  schreef in bericht
> >> Thanks Thomas.
> >> The only problem with this method is that the Moon is coloured by the
> >> Sphere of the Sky (we need a name for this as skysphere is something
> >> else).
> >
> > That is what happens also in RL...
> >

> notice it.
> Must be a Gamma problem :-P

Hmm, I notice it every time I see the moon in daylight... the lunar seas appear
more sky-coloured than the brighter areas, as do crater shadows if looking
through a telescope.

Or do you mean that even the brightly-lit areas are sky-coloured? You might need
to crank up your moon's diffuse value to ensure a decent white colour if that's
the case.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

On 12/01/2011 4:29 PM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Hmm, I notice it every time I see the moon in daylight... the lunar seas appear
> more sky-coloured than the brighter areas, as do crater shadows if looking
> through a telescope.

Right! The next clear day when the moon is out, I'll have a proper look. :-)

> Or do you mean that even the brightly-lit areas are sky-coloured? You might need
> to crank up your moon's diffuse value to ensure a decent white colour if that's
> the case.

That is it :-D
Diffuse and brilliance settings.

Thanks.