POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SSLT? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: SSLT?
Date: 27 May 2010 06:52:51
Message: <4bfe4f03$1@news.povray.org>
Trying to determine placement for SSLT entry in docs.

Ref->Textures->Finish is obvious but since SSLT is just another type of
diffuse (correct?) should it be:

Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->SSLT

or

Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->Diffuse->SSLT

Post a reply to this message

Am 27.05.2010 12:55, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> Trying to determine placement for SSLT entry in docs.
>
> Ref->Textures->Finish is obvious but since SSLT is just another type of
> diffuse (correct?) should it be:
>
> Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->SSLT
>
> or
>
> Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->Diffuse->SSLT

I suggest to not put it in the official documentation yet. There /will/
be changes to the syntax - it may even end up in the interior.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 27.05.2010 12:55, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>> Trying to determine placement for SSLT entry in docs.
>>
>> Ref->Textures->Finish is obvious but since SSLT is just another type of
>> diffuse (correct?) should it be:
>>
>> Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->SSLT
>>
>> or
>>
>> Ref->Textures->Finish->Diffuse Reflection Items->Diffuse->SSLT
>
> I suggest to not put it in the official documentation yet. There /will/
> be changes to the syntax - it may even end up in the interior.

At least, label it as a beta, still in devlopment, feature. Also,
inforce the idea that the syntax and location are subject to future changes.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> At least, label it as a beta, still in devlopment, feature. Also,
> inforce the idea that the syntax and location are subject to future
> changes.

That's what I did:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.1#Subsurface_Light_Transport

Jim