POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta 34 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 34 (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: Re: Beta 34
Date: 1 Oct 2009 06:38:39
Message: <4ac486af$1@news.povray.org>
Dre wrote:
> I've used beta's for years yet POV is the *only* program without fail that
> has these unneccessary restrictions.
>
> Oh well, looks like I'm on my own here, back to your regular programming.
>
> <looks around for other renderers to try>
>
> Cheers Dre

There is a difference between using beta software, and beta testing.
Since the POV-Ray advice is "use 3.6, it is stable" it is obvious that
they are not looking for people to just use the beta version.

If you aren't used to beta testing, I guess it seems like a lot of hoops
to jump through, waiting to hit the button to extend the timer. But,
compared to the NDA and test schedule of playing a beta MMO, or the
several times a week download of code for a multiplayer online game,
this is nothing.

Post a reply to this message