POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soon to be lost GeoCities pages Server Time
6 May 2024 10:06:33 EDT (-0400)
  Soon to be lost GeoCities pages (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Soon to be lost GeoCities pages
Date: 24 Sep 2009 06:46:44
Message: <4abb4e14@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> That's a good idea. Although it is not on Geocities I could not download Nathan
> Kopps' Lens  Flare, last night. Yet another utility lost.

nkflare5.zip here on my HD. :)

It should be awesome if they got into the Povray Object Collection...

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 24 Sep 2009 06:49:14
Message: <4abb4eaa$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> As Thomas mentions there's quite a lot from Chris Colefax. Anyone know
> if he's still around?

http://www.colefax.net/

Not sure it's the same guy, but there's an email down in that page.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris B
Date: 24 Sep 2009 07:23:01
Message: <4abb5695@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote in message
> Stephen wrote:
>> That's a good idea. Although it is not on Geocities I could not download
>> Nathan
>> Kopps' Lens  Flare, last night. Yet another utility lost.
>
> nkflare5.zip here on my HD. :)
>
> It should be awesome if they got into the Povray Object Collection...

Is there anything in the zip that authorises redistribution?
Otherwise you could try contacting the author to see if he'd by ok with it
being put out on a CC-LGPL license (ie if he's ok with royalty free
redistribution for both private and commercial purposes).

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:05:26 -0300, nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> That's a good idea. Although it is not on Geocities I could not download Nathan
>> Kopps' Lens  Flare, last night. Yet another utility lost.
>
>nkflare5.zip here on my HD. :)

Keep hold of it. I must have a copy somewhere but defiantly not to hand.
I managed to get Chris Colefax's to work but I used Nathan's before and was
familiar with it.

>It should be awesome if they got into the Povray Object Collection...

Indeed!
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> "nemesis" <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote in message
>> Stephen wrote:
>>> That's a good idea. Although it is not on Geocities I could not
>>> download Nathan
>>> Kopps' Lens  Flare, last night. Yet another utility lost.
>>
>> nkflare5.zip here on my HD. :)
>>
>> It should be awesome if they got into the Povray Object Collection...
>
> Is there anything in the zip that authorises redistribution?
> Otherwise you could try contacting the author to see if he'd by ok with
> it being put out on a CC-LGPL license (ie if he's ok with royalty free
> redistribution for both private and commercial purposes).

                          *** LEGAL STUFF ***

This software is provided AS-IS.  There is no warranty... You know the
drill.  Basically, I disclaim all responsibility for anything bad
happening to you for any reason.  Enough said.

NKFlare is provided free of charge.  You may freely distribute it
provided that this file is included.  You may make changes if you like
to.  However, if you wish to distribute a modified version you must:
   1) Do not try to conceal the fact that it originally was written
      by Nathan Kopp.
   2) Do not try to conceal the fact that it is a modified version.
   3) Include this TXT file (with nothing removed - you can add your
      notes in an appropriate location)
      * Do include contact information so that users can ask you about
        the changes that you have made.
   4) Do not charge any money for it.

If you would like to distribute NKFlare on a CD-ROM or another form
of media other than the internet, please get permission first.  My desire
is for this plug-in to be freely and readily available to everyone, so I
will be reasonable with your requests.

If you find this useful, drop a note to me (or you could snail-mail a
postcard).  :)

I (Nathan Kopp, the author) can be contacted at:
   nk8### [at] ltuedu

Post a reply to this message